Kari L. Cornelison, Esq.
1 S 660 Midwest Road
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Ms. Cornelison is a court certified mediator; collaborative lawyer; cooperative divorce law practitioner and divorce trial lawyer with over 20 years of courtroom experience.
Background and Education and Training
- Born in Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor-John Marshall Law School 1996
- Undergrad at Michigan State University
- Admitted to Illinois Bar 1996
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois 1996
- Admitted to Florida Bar 1997
- Collaborative Law Training, 2007
- Certified Mediator; Advanced Mediation Training with Zena Zumeta 2007
- Certified Guardian Ad Litem
Former and Current Memberships
- Fellow – Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois
- Fellow – International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Co-founder – Illinois Cooperative Divorce Lawyers
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- CHICAGO TRIBUNE – Co-Editor of CHICAGO DIVORCE: THE WAY WE WAR, Chicago Now blog.
- Fox TV Chicago 32 – law firm partners, J. Richard Kulerski and Kari Cornelison, are the exclusive DuPage County and Cook counties ASK THE EXPERTS for divorce law and divorce mediation.
- ABC TV-Channel 7 – Kulerski & Cornelison – the exclusive ABC TV-Channel 7 I Need Advice Now Divorce Law Advisor for DuPage County, IL.
- Huffington Post – Blog Brief Contributor – Both J. Richard Kulerski and law partner Kari L. Cornelison are authorized HuffingtonPost.com bloggers whose post briefs appear regularly in the Huffington Post’s Life and Style – Divorce section.
- Proud supporter of Kids Come First Coalition
Ms. Cornelison is the mother of two children and resides in Chicago with her husband and family.
The Law Firm of KULERSKI and CORNELISON supports the Legal Information Institute at Cornell Law School.
Informal. No-Hassle. No-Pressure.
Stop In and tell us what's on your mind!
We have lots of understanding and lots of coffee (or water).
Call 630-928-0600 to book your initial office consultation.Learn More
Latest Divorce Info
Dupage Divorce Lawyer Blog
- Can I Collect under My Ex Spouse’s Social Security?
- Changing Maintenance Awards
- MAJOR NEWS: We No Longer Need Grounds for Divorce in Illinois
- Don’t Dive into Litigation
- DuPage County Collaborative Law and Cooperative Divorce Law
- Achieving Peace and Harmony
- Dealing with Infidelity
- Keep Your DuPage County Divorce Friendly and Sensible
- Divorce & Joint Custody in DuPage County, IL
- Do Men Get Screwed In Divorce?