Kari L. Cornelison, Esq.
1 S 660 Midwest Road
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Ms. Cornelison is a court certified mediator; collaborative lawyer; cooperative divorce law practitioner and divorce trial lawyer with over 20 years of courtroom experience.
Background and Education and Training
- Born in Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor-John Marshall Law School 1996
- Undergrad at Michigan State University
- Admitted to Illinois Bar 1996
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois 1996
- Admitted to Florida Bar 1997
- Member of DuPage Bar Association Family Law Committee
- Member – Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC)
- Collaborative Law Training, 2007
- Certified Mediator; Advanced Mediation Training with Zena Zumeta 2007
- Certified Guardian Ad Litem
Former and Current Memberships
- Appointed by the judges in DuPage County to represent children in cases involving parenting issues.
- Fellow – Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois
- Fellow – International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Co-founder – Illinois Cooperative Divorce Lawyers
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- CHICAGO TRIBUNE – Co-Editor of CHICAGO DIVORCE: THE WAY WE WAR, Chicago Now blog.
- Fox TV Chicago 32 – law firm partners, J. Richard Kulerski and Kari Cornelison, are the exclusive DuPage County and Cook counties ASK THE EXPERTS for divorce law and divorce mediation.
- ABC TV-Channel 7 – Kulerski & Cornelison – the exclusive ABC TV-Channel 7 I Need Advice Now Divorce Law Advisor for DuPage County, IL.
- Huffington Post – Blog Brief Contributor – Both J. Richard Kulerski and law partner Kari L. Cornelison are authorized HuffingtonPost.com bloggers whose post briefs appear regularly in the Huffington Post’s Life and Style – Divorce section.
- Proud supporter of Kids Come First Coalition
Ms. Cornelison is the mother of two children and resides in Chicago with her husband and family.
The Law Firm of KULERSKI and CORNELISON supports the Legal Information Institute at Cornell Law School.